1 large leek
1 celery stalk
3/4 pound chestnuts, roasted and shelled
1 quart vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream or coconut cream
1/4 cup port wine
4 tbsps. of The Urban Vine’s blood orange olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Trim the top off the leek, slice lengthwise & chop. Chop the celery.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the blood orange olive oil, celery and leek cooking until soft.
- Add the roasted chestnuts and vegetable stock. Simmer for approx. 30 mins (until starch begins to develop).
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender, blend until you reach desired consistency( no large pieces of chestnut, celery, or leek).
- Return the soup to the pot and simmer again. Add the cream and port. Reduce until slightly thickened. If the soup becomes too thick feel free to add water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with a few roasted chestnuts.