The Urban Vine’s Cranberry Sauce
3 cups fresh cranberries
8 oz unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup fresh squeezed blood orange juice
2 tbsps. of The Urban Vine’s aged maple balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. Ontario honey
Zest of one orange
Sprig of rosemary (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the combination until the cranberries start to burst, stirring occasionally. The sauce should thicken, approx. 5-7 mins.
- Using a potato masher, gently press the cranberry mixture, leaving quite a few cranberries whole. Do this until you reach the desired consistency.
- Continue to warm the cranberry sauce, stirring frequently until it thickens further, approx. 10 mins.
- Remove from heat. Discard rosemary sprig.
- Serve warm or at room temperature!