Fusilli with Asparagus & Lemon
2-3 tbsps. of The Urban Vine’s lemon olive oil
2 tbsps. butter olive oil
Seasonello sea salt
1 package of fusilli
1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed, sliced into 2 inch pieces
Pine nuts, lightly roasted
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
Parsley, finely chopped(optional)
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter olive oil. Cook shallots for approx. 5 mins. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot to a boil with 2-3 tbsps. Seasonello sea salt.
- Cook pasta according to package directions or to preferred texture. During the last minute of cooking, add asparagus pieces to the pasta. Drain the pasta & asparagus.
- Over medium heat, add the pasta & asparagus to the shallots. Drizzle with the lemon olive oil, combining well.
- Roast the pine nuts in a separate pan until lightly browned.
- Plate the pasta, top with the roasted pine nuts & parsley.