2 tsps. dry yeast
2 cups whole wheat flour plus extra for kneading
2 tbsps. premium extra virgin olive oil
8 oz. seedless grapes
2 tbsps. rosemary extra virgin olive oil
- Measure 3/4 cup lukewarm water into a bowl, then stir in the yeast and a sprinkle of the flour. Let it stand for 5 minutes, until frothy.
- Place the flour in a large bowl, making a well in the centre.
- Pour in the yeast mixture and premium extra virgin olive oil, and stir with a wooden spoon until almost combined.
Gather the dough together with your hands.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for roughly 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place for 45 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F). Lightly oil a large baking tray. Punch the dough to expel the air, then knead again for a couple of minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a 34 x 24 cm oval or rectangle. Place on the prepared tray.
- Scatter the grapes over the surface and firmly press into the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then drizzle with the rosemary extra virgin olive oil.