Maple Infused Spinach, Quinoa & Roasted Pecan Salad
Ingredients for Salad:
4 cups organic baby spinach leaves, washed, drained
1/2 cup organic quinoa
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup pecans, pan toasted and salted to taste
1 tbsp. Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsps. fresh chopped parsley
Seasonello sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Dressing:
1/2 cup Chiquitita Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Maple Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Combine 1 cup of water, the quinoa and a pinch of sea salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed; fluff with a fork.
- Toss pecans with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Preheat oven to 350 and bake pecans approximately 5-10 minutes until they are lightly toasted.
- Place the washed spinach in a medium bowl. Add quinoa, dried cranberries and parsley.
- Pour the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Pour over the salad and toss gently to coat.
- Garnish with toasted pecans.