Multigrain Pancakes with Fresh Blueberries
1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup cornmeal or other whole-grain flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Seasonello sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cups unsweetened, unflavoured plant milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsps. Aged Maple Balsamic Vinegar, plus more for serving
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 220F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the plant milk, applesauce, and Aged Maple Balsamic Vinegar.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until incorporated. Do not overmix; the batter will become lumpy.
- Add 1/2 cup fresh blueberries to mixture; mixing gently.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto the pan until no more will fit. Cook 3 to 4 mins. or until the edges look dry and the bottoms are crisp and lightly browned.
- Using a spatula, turn the pancakes over and cook for approximately 2-3 mins. more.
- Transfer the pancakes to a heatproof platter and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with the additional blueberries and Aged Maple Balsamic Vinegar.